Glacier National Park Summer Photo Tour and Workshop, MontanaDates: July 8-12, 2021
Glacier National Park Summer Photo Tour and Workshop, Montana
July 8-12, 2021
$1200.00 Workshop price includes instruction only. Lodging, transportation and meals are students responsibility. We will carpool. Limited to 8 students.
St Mary Lodge, 406-892-2525, http://www.glacierparkinc.com
Red Eagle Motel, 406-732-4453, http://www.redeaglemotelrvpark.com
KOA (cabins and tent sites), 406-732-4122
There is also camping in Glacier National Park at St Mary Campground
Fly into Great Falls or Kalispell, Montana.
- Thursday July 8 – “Meet and greet” in the lobby at St Mary Lodge
Please bring some examples of your previous work to share.
- Friday July 9- explore the east side of Glacier National Park exact locations are weather dependent
- Saturday July 10- am- explore the east side of Glacier /pm- visit North American Indian Days rodeo action and ceremonial dancing in Browning
- Sunday July 11- explore the east side of Glacier National Park
- Monday July 12- explore the east side of Glacier National Park
Workshop concludes after the morning field session
If you haven’t been to Glacier before, now is the time! It is truly my favorite national park and basically in my backyard. Look there are many workshop tours based in the park, why not go with the local photographer who knows it best? I have been exploring and photographing the wonders of the park for nearly 30 years and know it extremely well.
The workshop will be based out of the small town of St Mary on the park’s more scenic eastern side. We will have many great photo options including wildflowers, waterfalls and wildlife. Valleys like Two Medicine, St Mary and Many Glacier will be full of wildflowers and host lakes that can yield stunning reflections on calm mornings. In the past we have had very good luck photographing moose in a small lake. Bighorn sheep and mountain goats are almost always on hand at Logan Pass so bring your telephoto lens.
We will also visit the North American Indian Days celebration in nearby Browning on Saturday evening where we will take in a rodeo (with great shooting access) and the colorful dancing contests and ceremonies. The rodeo provides a great way to sharpen your photography skills with predictable moving subjects.
Book early as this class sold out last time and lodging is limited. This class offers a great opportunity to sharpen and improve many aspects of photography skills in a special and unforgettable setting.
A sturdy tripod is a necessity for good landscapes. Participants should have a working knowledge of their equipment (know which button does what!) before the workshop. I suggest a SLR camera with a wide-angle lens (17-35mm range) a medium telephoto lens such as 70-200mm and a 300+mm lens if you are interested in capturing birds or wildlife.
2 WAYS TO REGISTER:
*My Preferred Payment 1) DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORM – 2020-21 Workshop Register form Chuck Haney
FILL OUT COMPLETELY AND MAIL WITH CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO:
Chuck Haney Photography
608 Pine Place
Whitefish, MT 59937
2) ONLINE REGISTRATION (Payment via Paypal) *PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.