Kauai Hawaii Photography Tour and WorkshopDates: November 10-17, 2020
Kauai Hawaii Photography Tour and Workshop
November 10-17, 2020 CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19 Rescheduled for November 2021, dates TBA
Single: $4500.00 ($4650.00 PayPal) Couple double occupancy: $8200.00 ($8450 PayPal)
Limited to 6 students.
Workshop price includes:
7 nights lodging
Sunset boat tour with dinner
Doors off 1-hr helicopter ride
Admission to botanical gardens
Air and vehicle transportation
Tips and meals are students responsibility
We will carpool, please contact Chuck if you would like to share a rental car with other class participants. Limited to 6 students.
Lodging: Nov 10-13 Point at Poipu Nov 13-17 Hilton Garden Inn Wailua Bay
Airport – Fly into Lihue, Hawaii
- Tuesday, November 10th – 4 pm for a meet and greet. Please bring some examples of your previous work to share with the group.
- Wednesday, November 11- sunrise shoot on south coast / pm- sunset dinner boat tour on Napali or south coast
- Thursday November 12- sunrise along the south coast / pm- explore Waimea Canyon State Park /Waimea Pier/ beach for sunset
- Friday, November 13- am- explore the south coast of Kauai depart first hotel, drive to Kapaa or Princeville, check in / pm- waterfalls
- Saturday, November 14- am- sunrise along eastern beaches / explore north shore at Hanalei / pm- Kilauea Lighthouse, beaches
- Sunday November 15- sunrise along eastern beaches, rural churches, pm- Hanalei Pier, Ke’e Beach sunset
- Monday, November 16- surfing action, birds, pm- Doors off helicopter tour / sunset at lighthouse near Lihue
- Tuesday November 17- am sunrise shoot along eastern beaches /workshop concludes by 11am
Photographers paradise located in an actual paradise! I was absolutely blown away at the photo opportunities at this most wild of all the Hawaiian islands. The “garden island” as it is known is chock full of scenic beaches, lush waterfalls, spouting geysers, historic churches and lighthouses that will keep us busy. We’ll also have time also to work on action shots by capturing skilled surfers and an abundant variety of birds, We’ll finish up the trip as you will learn how to shoot out of a helicopter as it circles the island in an unforgettable hour. The weather changes often and that produces amazing sunrises and sunsets that Kauai is famed for. I have arranged for us to take a dinner sunset boat tour on a catamaran along the famed Napali or south coast (weather dependent) and an incredible one-hour helicopter tour of the island.
A sturdy tripod is a necessity for good landscapes. Participants should have a working knowledge of their equipment (know which button does what!) before the workshop. I suggest a SLR camera with a wide-angle lens (17-35mm range) a medium telephoto lens such as 70-200mm and a 300+mm lens if you are interested in capturing birds or wildlife.
2 WAYS TO REGISTER:
*My Preferred Payment 1) DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORM – 2020-21 Workshop Register form Chuck Haney
FILL OUT COMPLETELY AND MAIL WITH CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO:
Chuck Haney Photography
608 Pine Place
Whitefish, MT 59937
2) ONLINE REGISTRATION (Payment via Paypal) *PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.