Rocky Mountain Front Montana Photography Tour and WorkshopDates: May 28- June 1 2021
The Rocky Mountain Front Range, Montana Photography Tour and Workshop
May 28- June 1, 2021
$1200.00 Workshop price is for instruction only. Transportation, lodging and meals are students responsibility. We will carpool. Limited to 8 students.
We will be staying at two nights each at two different towns to take advantage of proximity to shooting locations.
Check in: Friday, May 28 The Bunkhouse Inn in Augusta 406-562-3387 I have rooms held for us. Please book your room by March 1, 2021
Check out: Sunday, May 30
Check in Sunday, May 30 The Stage Stop Inn in Choteau 406-466-5900 Check out Tuesday, June 1st.
If flying, Great Falls is the closest airport with Kalispell, Montana also as an option.
- Friday, May 28- 6pm meet and greet at The Bunkhouse Inn in Augusta. Please bring some example of your previous photo work to share with the group.
- Saturday May 29- explore Rocky Mountain Front range near Augusta
- Sunday May 30- am- explore Rocky Mountain Front range near Augusta, go to Choteau and check in at the Stage Stop Inn
pm- Wooden Granaries and old barns in the prairie
- Monday May 31- explore Rocky Mountain Front range near Choteau
- Tuesday June 1- explore Rocky Mountain Front range near Choteau. Workshop tour ends after the morning field session
The dramatic front range of the Montana Rocky Mountains serves as our backdrop for a most compelling weekend of photography opportunities. The Front Range is one of the most protected and well-loved areas in all of Montana. Fields of arrowleaf balsamroot and wild iris wildflowers often blanket the prairie grasses with snow-capped mountain peaks looming in the background. At the right time, quiet lakes lead to stunning reflections at daybreak. All in a most dramatic setting where a thousand miles of prairie grasslands abruptly meets the Rocky Mountains.
We will also travel to hidden waterfalls in the mountains and visit old barns and granaries in the prairie. It’s possible, we can spend part of a day on a local ranch where we will focus on working cowboys and their beautiful horses.
If you are tired of overcrowded national parks where hundreds of other photo enthusiasts get the exact same images, then you should attend this class. This is a national park-like setting without any crowds. You will be blown away by the immense beauty of the area, enjoy the laid-back small town lifestyle and come back with many memorable images. This is the REAL Montana! Everyone who has taken this class previously has loved it.
A sturdy tripod is a necessity for good landscapes. Participants should have a working knowledge of their equipment (know which button does what!) before the workshop. I suggest a SLR camera with a wide-angle lens (17-35mm range) a medium telephoto lens such as 70-200mm and a 300+mm lens if you are interested in capturing birds or wildlife.
2 WAYS TO REGISTER:
*My Preferred Payment 1) DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION & WAIVER FORM – 2020-21 Workshop Register form Chuck Haney
FILL OUT COMPLETELY AND MAIL WITH CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO:
Chuck Haney Photography
608 Pine Place
Whitefish, MT 59937
2) ONLINE REGISTRATION (Payment via Paypal) *PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.