2017 Photography Workshops
Chuck Haney Photography Workshops
Plans and Pricing
Pricing is for Instruction Only.
Workshops participants are responsible for their own lodging, meals and transportation. Participants generally choose to carpool to photo locations from the hotel where we are based.
I do not block a set or rooms at hotels so ensure you make your reservations early!
Class size is limited to 8 participants. (Except for Glacier National Park Workshops).
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel and the workshop is otherwise filled, we will refund you the full amount you have paid towards the tuition, minus a $150 service charge. If you cancel and the workshop does not fill, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- Greater than 60 days from the start date of the Workshop: full refund minus $150 fee.
- 45 days: 75% refund. 30 days: 50% refund. Less than 30 days: no refund
- Refunds will be paid by the same method that the original payment was made.
Spousal Policy: Spouses (and friends) that wish to join the “field sessions” of the class are required to pay full price. Your spouse is welcome to join our group for meetings and meals at no fee. We have a big break between sunrise photo sessions and the afternoon reviews, so you will have plenty of time to spend with your “significant other”.
Chuck Haney is certified in First Aid and CPR training. Chuck Haney Photography LLC is an authorized permittee of the National Park Service
June 15 - 19, 2017Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park is one of my absolutely favorite parks. In fact, the second best national park for photographing wildlife (behind only Yellowstone) in my opinion.
July 6 - 10, 2017Glacier National Park, Montana - Summer
- If you haven’t been to Glacier before, now is the time! It is truly my favorite national park and basically in my backyard. I have been exploring and photographing the wonders of the park for over 20 years and know it extremely well.
July 13 - 17, 2017Crater Lake / Bend
- Deep Water in a Sleeping Volcano – Crater Lake inspires awe.
September 26 - 30, 2017Durango, CO
- Autumn in Colorado is one of the best seasons of all. This time around the charming city Durango takes center stage for our photo journey in the heart of the San Juan Mountains. There are so many great options as we capture the peak colors of the leaves along the San Juan Skyway aka Million Dollar Highway.
October 9 - 13, 2017West Virginia
- “Almost heaven West Virginia” goes the line in the famous song, “Country Roads” by John Denver. You’ll become a believer as the autumn colors frame magnificent landscapes in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you tell me more about the locations?
What equipment should I bring?
Participants should have a working knowledge of their equipment (know which button does what!) before the workshop. Equipment Suggestions:
- SLR camera with a wide-angle lens, (17-35mm range)and a zoom or fixed lens, like a 70-200 or 300mm.
- A sturdy tripod is a necessity for good landscapes.
- Laptop (if possible). We will review our images using Photoshop during our afternoon sessions.
How big are the workshop sizes?
Class sizes range from 3-9 students so you are guaranteed focused personal attention to meet your interests and learning needs. Should a class size exceeds 9 students a second qualified professional photographer will assist the class.
I create a low-stress, fun learning environment with a laid-back teaching approach. No matter what skill level, I try to inspire each student to learn new things while working at their own pace.
Can you give me idea of the workshop itinerary?
The photography workshops are based out of hotels near our photo locations, listed under information for each workshop, below.
All workshops convene on the first day at 6pm at the specified hotel. The evening meeting is an opportunity for us to get to know each other and go over our plans for the next three and a half days. Please bring some examples of your favorite photography on your laptop or prints to share with the group.
Each day we vary our shooting locations according to the weather conditions for the day. No matter what the weather, I will have a plan for something to shoot. If the weather is favorable, we go out for a sunrise photo shoot in the mornings, have breakfast together, then take a break from mid-morning to mid-afternoon. We reconvene for a Photoshop/digital session in the late afternoon to review our photos, followed by an evening/ sunset photo shoot. You can expect to spend approximately 30 hours with me and other students over the course of the workshop
All workshops conclude after the morning shoot of the final day allowing you time to check out of your hotel.